32.5 percent of Fishbowl users say they are now exercising more than before the coronavirus pandemic.
Every day, hundreds of thousands of professionals use Fishbowl, a workplace social network for verified employees. This allows us to survey these employees on trending, work-related topics.
For nearly two months, millions of employees have been working from home to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In our recent surveys, we have discovered that 54% fear layoffs at their company, a decline in synergy with coworkers has been the biggest obstacle while working from home, 62% of working parents are unable to juggle childcare while working from home, 42% of workers drink while working from home, and that 81% of employees do not feel safe returning to the office yet
In our most recent survey, we wanted to find out a little more about how the pandemic is affecting the physical health of employees. We asked professionals on Fishbowl one simple question:
“How has the coronavirus pandemic impacted your exercise routine?”
The survey ran from May 2 through May 5, 2020 and professionals could answer with one of three options:
- A.) Exercise more
- B.) Exercise less
- C.) No change
The survey was answered by 11,693 verified professionals on the Fishbowl app from across the U.S. Respondents included employees at companies such as IBM, JP Morgan, Facebook, McKinsey, Deloitte, Bank of America, Amazon, Edelman, Nike, Google, KPMG, and thousands of others.
Exercising During the Coronavirus Survey Results:
- 1/3 are exercising more than before the pandemic. Overall, 51.78% exercise less, 32.55% exercise more, and 15.67% responded that there was no change.
- Ohio had the highest percentage of employees saying they now exercise more, with 42.11%. Following closely behind were Michigan (41.1%), and Texas (37.17%).
- Washington, DC had the highest percentage of employees saying they now exercise less, with 71.43%. Following closely behind were Indiana (66.07%), and Wisconsin (62.5%).
- 38.98% of women said they exercise more versus only 27.28% of men.
- 44.7% of women said they exercise less versus 57.59% of men.
Previous Fishbowl Coronavirus Survey Results
Looking for more data showing the impact Covid-19 is having on employees? Here’s what we found in four other recent surveys:
- 31% of employees say ‘less synergy with coworkers’ is the biggest obstacle while working from home
- 54% of employees fear there will be layoffs at their company, due to fallout from Covid-19.
- 60% of working professions said that the Covid-19 pandemic has caused clients to pause or cancel work.
- 62% of working parents are unable to juggle working from home and childcare.
- According to teachers, less than half of students are showing up for their remote classes.
- 42% of employees say they drink while working from home.