Nowadays, because of the pandemic, leadership is everything. Whether you’re the CEO of a tech company or just trying to make sure your team works well together, who you are and how you lead is essential to achieving your goals even while physically apart. So, what should you know about leading a successful team in 2021? And, what kind of leader do you want to be?
Lisen Stromberg and Guy Kawasaki will discuss these questions and more this Thursday, March 18th starting at 8pm EST/5pm PST on Fishbowl Live. Drawing from over 3 decades of experience in the tech industry, Guy Kawasaki will discuss the importance of humility, working with Steve Jobs, and his experiences in business evangelism. He will also discuss the career moves he made at first and the lessons he had to learn along the way to be successful.
As one of the Apple employees originally responsible for marketing their Macintosh computer line in 1984, former Chief Evangelist for Apple, and, now, Chief Evangelist at Canva, Guy Kawasaki is well versed in what great leadership does (and doesn’t) look like. This Thursday, tune in to Fishbowl Live to learn from his extensive experience and get advice on how to get things done (without being an asshole).
This is the first conversation in a six part Fishbowl Live series hosted by Lisen Stromberg titled Rules for Revolutionary Leaders: How to Lead in the New World of Work.
To tune in live to the discussion, click here at 8pm EST/5pm EST on Thursday, March 18th.
About the Speakers
- Guy Kawasaki is Chief Evangelist of Canva and the former chief evangelist for Apple. He currently has his own podcast, Remarkable People, and has written fifteen books, including Wise Guy and The Art of Social Media.
- Lisen Stromberg is an author, journalist, and the CEO of PrismWork, which helps companies foster highly productive, inclusive workplace cultures.
What is Fishbowl Live?
Fishbowl live is the app’s newest feature which allows users to connect with one another in audio only discussions. Meant to inspire real-time conversations (even during the pandemic), Fishbowl Live gives professionals the space to explore the intersection of their personal and professional interests.
Now, industry experts and professionals from top companies like Twilio, TikTok, Anheuser-Busch, VMWare, Facebook, IBM, HULU, Netflix, and Jones Day are using the feature to discuss a range of topics.
To join a Fishbowl Live discussion, navigate to the main page of the app, click the “Live” button in the upper left hand corner, and tune in when the conversation starts. You can also stay up to date on future and upcoming events by checking the Fishbowl blog.
Looking for More?
Here are more conversations coming up on Fishbowl Live:
- International Women’s Day | Covid’s Impact On Women & Their Careers – Fishbowl Surveys
- Fishbowl Survey: Pandemic Gender Pay Gap
- 79% of Workers Now Suffering from Burnout, Up 11% from June 2020
- Fishbowl Live | Q&A with Ryan Serhant, Star of Bravo’s Million Dollar Listing