Don’t dip your pen in the company ink, said everyone ever. Nevertheless, workplace romance persisted. In 2023, not only is it less taboo, but it feels like office hookups are more common than ever before.
According to our latest poll of 9,791 users on Fishbowl, at least 21% of us working professionals have a crush on someone who works at our company.
That’s just over 1 in 5 professionals trying to find love in a hopeless place.
Here’s what the odds are for you, based on where you work.
Certain jobs are more likely to crush:
- 31% of Investment Bankers in Finance admitted to having a work crush on someone at their bank—you might say they have a high risk tolerance 📈
- 29% of Account Managers in advertising had a crush on someone at their company—is it all those cool creatives they work with?
- 25% of people who work in Audit have a work crush on someone at their current company—maybe office romance is in compliance ✔️
- 22.5% of Strategy Consultants said they had a crush on someone—sounds like love is part of the plan.
- Only 15.75% of Software Engineers said they had a crush on a coworker. Modest bunch.
Do with this information what you will: presenting the companies with the most crushes at work.
Just a few more, in case you’re looking for a new job AND a new crush:
Whether you’re in a relationship or situationship, ready to mingle or happily single, happy Valentine’s day from Fishbowl–where there’s always (don’t kill us, HR) plenty of fish.