Federal, Government, and Public Sector

Interested in Federal/Aerospace and Defense consulting, but would like to move to NYC from DC. Has anyone made this move and been able to stay in federal/defense? Would appreciate any thoughts!

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon
works at

Federal “consulting” and A&D consulting are two very different things

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

Aren’t we all

Reaction Icon Like
smart
Arrow Icon

Yeah there’s little to no Aerospace work in NYC. Fed as well but there’s always start or local.

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

I’m no expert in this industry but my father has been doing federal aerospace since the 80s and he’s never gone to NYC for anything job related. He is in DC and travels west almost exclusively

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

Had a colleague who made herself invaluable to a federal client. Was able to make the move to NYC and stay working on the same client remotely with some occasional travel back to DC for big meetings.

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

Yes if you move to federal, typically your opportunities for advancement are within the federal space. This is usually seen as a negative for most generalist consultants but it seems to be perfect in your case.

Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Hi UTC!

Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

I am planning on making this move soon. In my case, I would be working remote 80% of the time from NYC and taking business trips to DC the other 20%. It will work.

Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

You'll get paid DC wages and won't be able to afford NYC cost of living. NYC is financial services... You likely need to Target a company like Boeing of Lockheed Martin and travel 80-100%

Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Related Posts

Anyone works or knows someone who works at Pixar? Wife needs a referral for a graphic designer role and this would really help

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Best replacement for the Uber credit card? Got downgraded and looking for something similar to the old benefits.

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

What would happen if someone was interviewing for a role and accidentally passed gas, but otherwise crushed the interview? Has anyone experienced this before? No clue what I’d do as the interviewer

likefunny
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

*weekly post complaining about hiring discrimination against males*

likefunny
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Delta Platinum members, what bonus do you choose? Very likely gifting Silver Status to my spouse.

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

I got a new role in Ohio. My SO is freaking out about the bedbug crisis there. Any tips of how to protect against bedbugs?

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

If anyone wants to join a boutique HR & Talent Advisory consulting firm, Kincentric is hiring for an Associate Partner role! Location doesn’t really matter, but preferably in IL, NY, or ATL.

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Download the app for more exclusive discussions.