{ "media_type": "text", "post_content": "Received job offer from company A, company B (preferred) said they would get back to me by Monday after final round last week but haven’t yet even after 2 follow up emails which makes me think I’m being ghosted. Any advice on how to proceed if I really want company B? I indirectly have the recruiters phone number but unsure if it’s appropriate to call (not in email signature but she called for first round)", "post_id": "605deac7a051320020e4b8a8", "reply_count": 13, "vote_count": 1, "bowl_id": "552d1d24dc1c586b09d2d051", "bowl_name": "Consulting", "feed_type": "crowd" }
null

Received job offer from company A, company B (preferred) said they would get back to me by Monday after final round last week but haven’t yet even after 2 follow up emails which makes me think I’m being ghosted. Any advice on how to proceed if I really want company B? I indirectly have the recruiters phone number but unsure if it’s appropriate to call (not in email signature but she called for first round)

like
Posting as :
works at
You are currently posting as works at

If you are like me, you will hear back from Company B exactly when you finalize that you are going with Company A.

likefunny

I’m scared of being exactly in the same position on Monday lol

I’d call the recruiter and leave a voicemail if necessary.

You’ll at least have exhausted options then so if things don’t work out and you accept company A then you won’t need to worry about B coming back in a week or two.

helpful

Had this happen to me, so I dm’d the hiring manger on LinkedIn and got an answer, didn’t get the job but they offered me a different position.

like

If it’s an external recruiter surely there’s no harm in calling? It’s in their interest to push it though.

Since you've emailed twice, I'd probably wait a week. Check all my junk mail folders. Then call and be sure to leave a message if they don't answer.

If they don't return that call, I'd probably adjust my expectations.

I hope they're just busy or PTO and contact you soon!

helpful

This happened to me as well. I accepted the job and when I got a better offer from the company I wanted, I jumped ship. Gotta look out for your own interests first.

Additional Posts

Our firm is trying to build its sex abuse defense practice. I think if given a choice, the associates wld have declined case assignments. (We're not a crim defense firm.) Thots on how to help them?

like

Lifetime prod co producer here, considering a jump directly to a BRAND - never been with an agency as either freelance or in-house, so it’s foreign terrain. Any pros / cons worth sharing? And most importantly - salary and benefits that are typical when going in-house? NYC here... Thank you!!

like

If you're past 30, is it still cool to rock full on high tops to the office??

like

Thoughts on Snellville as a place to buy a home? Found a 4 bed, 2.5 ba for $310K which looks great.

likehelpful

New to Fishbowl?

Download the Fishbowl app to
unlock all discussions on Fishbowl.
Download Fishbowl to see what others are saying
That was just a preview…
Sign Up to see all discussions
  • Discover what it’s like to work at companies from real professionals
  • Get candid advice from people in your field in a safe space
  • Chat and network with other professionals in your field
Sign up in seconds to unlock all discussions on Fishbowl.

Already a user?
Login here

Share

Embed this post

Copy and paste embed code on your site

Preview

Download the Fishbowl app

For account settings, visit Fishbowl on Desktop Browser or

General

Legal