Waiting for offer letter from IBM. its been 3 days,HR said you will get offer letter. BGV is done, uploaded documents to their portal but still no offer letter received. HR not responding to mails, calls. Hopes are fading now. YOE : 14

Posting as :
works at
You are currently posting as works at

3 days is not a long wait!! I got the offer letter after 8 days after sending docs from Infy.


Takes time atleast a week.


If ur discussion was positive .. U will definitely get offer. Process is bit slow in IBM. U should get update in few days


Okay, thanks 👍, the only concern i have is that, I have a joining next week in another company, so hoping to get the offer in this week.


Bhai if u wil show desperate. It will impact ur offer value. Never bother or call hr. Atleast for a week ...after 8 9 days . U should check.

They will come don't worry . Bt Be fast in negotiations


It will definitely take a week, after bgv is done it takes around 5 days, I assume your salary negotiation is done and you are expecting the offer...if not forget about offer it will take more than 15 days

Yes BGV and Salary negotiation is already done.
Lets see, Hopefully i should get by this week only, otherwise have to join other company next week


Related Posts

Happy New Year!! I got very into luxury fragrance last year and I received so many as gifts in the last few weeks :) I’ll share my faves below, and would love to hear what you are all loving or lusting after! ❤️ 👃🏼 🌸


Need likes to activate DM.

Thanks in advance


Anyone got any inside tips on where I can find a good quality Heuer re-edition Carrera?


Hi fishes,
After many coding assessment attempts , today I finally got interview mail with
Amazon India for sde1, can anyone please help me for preparation, thanks in advance


Taking AUD next weekend. Any tips? Focus areas, etc? I always do worse on the sims.


Have you been ghosted by a firm (not entry level candidate though) after they told you they liked you and that they were preparing an offer and would send it in a couple of days? Not nice at all…


I've been asked to travel to the US for quick 1-2 weeks of meetings. Have a valid B1 visa, and an initial H1 approved petition (not stamped). Would there be issues traveling on the B1 for meetings?


Anyone interested in playing tennis a couple days a week in the mornings on the north side. I’m a maybe like a advanced beginner player


Hi, can anyone please refer me to Pwc Manchester?
Thanks in advance.

Pick up day tomorrow ; Doctor suggests performing an additional elective procedure such as IVM, ZyMot, and Gold-media.Any fishes have any feedback on these procedures? What was your experience if any of you had done.
Appreciate the help.


Is there any opening wrt backend insurance process. I have bwwn working in sutherland for past 5 yrs and i am well versed in p&c insurance and various other insurance LOB's. Work inckuded underwritimg back end activities for argo global which comes under lloyds of london


Need job advice:

I recently got an offer at a prestigious company making almost double what I make now (OTE). It is also a promotion on the job title which will help for long term career prospects.

The only downfall is I also have a final round interview with literally my dream job later this week.

The company who gave me the offer wants an answer before Thanksgiving. Do I take the good offer and run with it? Or do I roll the dice at the chance at my dream job?


Do we need to courier cgi appointment/offer letter to CGI office?

Best New Years trip for two


My firm staged a coup to get rid of our office manager and now I think I'm next 😖 Cue the "christy wake up I don't like this"


Folks who are in international tax - What are your thoughts on all those changes that have been made on form 5471 since TCJA? Are those changes really necessary?


Inflation reaches 9.1%, the highest the US has seen in 40 years!


Any particular reason why NEO/GAS are on a roll ?


Additional Posts in Offer Negotiations

Hi fishes,

I have recieved offer to work in polland but they want me to join within 2 weeks time.
I have gone through my offer letter and it says if i don't want to serve notice period i have to pay 2 months gross salary.
I spoke with future employer about the same but they are not willing to buyout.

What should i do? should i buyout and move to polland or should stay back.. ?please suggest.


Need a suggestion guys..

I have offer with ciklum India with 30L as fixed and sonata software with 31L which includes 12% variable pay. Which one i have to select.

Which company is best in terms of work life balance and project.

Tech skill: SAP hybris
YOE: 9


How to negotiate a higher salary, when companies are only willing to give a certain percentage of hike like 30% - 40% on your current CTC.

But given that my CTC is already below the market standards and I'm highly underpaid. So the 30% - 40% of hike that companies provide won't be fair and justified given my knowledge and years of experience.

So how can i negotiate a deserving salary in this scenario.


Is it ok if I refuse to join a company few days before the Joining date? Because I have another offer?


Hi All, I am currently working in TCS as a java backend developer.

I have 1+ year of experience.

I have strong grasp in data structure and algorithms and also have solved 500+ leetcode questions.

I am very much confident that if given a oportunity i can clear coding rounds.

My resume is not getting shortlisted. Kindly help me with the referral.

My skills are DSA, java, springboot, hibernate, sql.

Walmart Microsoft Google Netflix Hashedin by deloitte Paypal Oracle


Hi Fishes and Sharks,

I am getting offer from Boston Scientific on 3rd party payroll (Kelly services), is it good to join? Do anyone working with Boston on Kelly payroll, please provide some insights on salary hikes and other stuff.


Hello all,

I emailed the HR (Infosys) yesterday mentioning that i have a counter offer and looking for negotiation as i am keen to join them

But haven't heard anything from them till today.

Will they contact to negotiate or just ignore.



Hey there!
Any fishbowl user staying near by Mezza9 (Hinzewadi Phase 1, Pune)?

Reply/Dm me plz!


Hello fishes,
I have an offer from HCL and BT. HCL offer me more salary and E4 band while BT offer me level D role. BT offer me 3lakh less than HCL. Can I negotiate back with BT about my counter offer? Please suggest , which company to join ?


Hi fishes,

I have HR round secheduled this week with a product based company. Want to know how much CTC I should ask?
Current CTC: 22 F+2 VP
Exp: 7.5 Years
Tech: Automation QA

Having offer from Service based company i.e. 28 L CTC. Please advise.


Hi guys,

Help me to DM directly ,please give like


Hi Fishes, any idea how much in-hand? 5YOE, azure Data Engineer

Post Photo

Currently I'm at 20lpa (18 fixed+ 2L variable)
I've also been committed to 30%hike in the appraisal this year but i don't have that letter on hand.
I got an offer from another organisation who is offering me a 30% increase in my in hand + 10% variable over and above it.
What should I do to increase my offer?


Hello Fishes,
I’m 4 yoe…looking for a change probably till November end I need offer letter in hand so that I can resign. Notice period is of 1 month.

From when should I start applying

DevOps(Terraform-Certified, Ansible, GitLab,Docker and Kubernetes-Certified CKA)
Golang(Theory and some projects)
Cloud : GCP (Certified) and Azure


How is banglore 26 lpa(all fix) for a automotive giant vs Noida 29(10% variables) capgeamini.. currently in Noida ? YOE- 9 tech- embedded, C etc


Hi Experts,

I have an experience of 7.5 years(Pune) and currently I am looking for change.

Some offers are in pipeline from Netcracker and Fiserv
Netcracker (Core R&D) is willing to offer 22.5 lakhs Fixed with 40% increment
Fiserv (TeleCheck Product) is looking to offer between 24-25 Lakhs Fixed with 50-55% increment.

As per my experience what is the expected CTC which should be provided? My skill set are:
C,C++, SQL, Linux

Please let me know.


Got offer from TCS yesterday. Got Mindtree offer today. Pure luck. Didn't use TCS offer to get counter offer.

Mindtree : 24 LPA

I like to join Mindtree because of CTC. I am not sure if TCS would revise since they negotiatted from 22LPA to 20 LPA and I agreed only through mail.

Now how should I deny TCS offer. Should I send a mail to the HR to whom I spoke and check if they can revise or Should I reject offer in portal and provide reason for rejection? Without any blackmark


New to Fishbowl?

Download the Fishbowl app to
unlock all discussions on Fishbowl.
That was just a preview…
Sign Up to see all discussions
  • Discover what it’s like to work at companies from real professionals
  • Get candid advice from people in your field in a safe space
  • Chat and network with other professionals in your field
Sign up in seconds to unlock all discussions on Fishbowl.

Already a user?
Login here


Embed this post

Copy and paste embed code on your site


Download the
Fishbowl app

See what’s happening in your industry
from the palm of your hand.

A phone with Fishbowl app

Scan your QR code to download
Fishbowl app on your mobile

Download app

Sign up for free to view this conversation on Fishbowl

By continuing you agree to Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Already have an account? Log in

Sign up for free to continue using Fishbowl

By continuing you agree to Terms of Use(New) and Privacy Policy(New)
Messaging rates may apply

Already have an account? Log in

For account settings, visit Fishbowl on Desktop Browser or