Last Revised: September 15, 2021 (archive)
Unless we specify otherwise, this Policy applies only to information we collect through the Platform. This Policy does not apply to information that we collect through other channels, such as information that we collect offline or from other websites, unless we or our affiliates (as defined below) or partners notify you at the time of collection that this Policy applies or we link such data to your data collected through the Platform.
For the purposes of this Policy, “Fishbowl,” “we,” “us,” or “our” shall mean the following entities:
- Glassdoor, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in order to provide our Platform and services to you. To best do so, and to help make it feasible for us to do so, it is essential that we are able to collect and use personal information about you as described in this Policy. If you are a registered user of the Platform, our data collection is largely necessary for fulfilling our contractual obligations towards you. If you are not a registered user of the Platform, , alternative legal grounds serve as our legal basis for processing (i.e., consent, legal obligation, and legitimate interests—see details below).
Information You Give Us
When you fill out registration forms, submit your resume, and/or provide us with other personal information, we collect that information for processing and use in accordance with this Policy. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information may also change. These are some examples of situations in which you may have the opportunity to provide personal information to us:
- Creating and verifying an account
- Filling out a Profile (as defined below) or preferences
- Signing up for emails or text messages
- Completing a form related to one of our products or services
- Uploading a resume (or CV) or providing your work and/or educational history
- Sending messages through the Platform
- Posting content to the Platform
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service
- Applying for jobs
- Uploading or sharing your address book contacts
The personal information we collect from you will vary depending on how you interact with the Platform. For example, when you sign up, we capture relevant information necessary to verify your professional profile. This may include your work email address, full name, mobile phone number, company, industry, professional specialties, professional role or title, gender, and date of birth. We also collect and store certain information associated with actions you take on our Platform (e.g., where you go, what you click on, and how you interact with the platform and other users). Because much of this information is necessary for us to provide the Platform and our services to you, if you don’t share this information with us you may not be able to use some or all features of the Fishbowl platform.
Emails and Text Messages
We use your contact information, such as your email address or phone number, to authenticate your account, keep your account and the Platform secure, and help prevent violations of our Terms. We may also use contact information to enable certain account features (e.g., for login or account verification), send you information about the Platform, and personalize the Platform, including sending you ads. If you provide us with your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from Fishbowl to that number as your country of residence’s laws allow. Fishbowl may also use your contact information to market to you as your country’s laws allow, and to help others find your account (if your settings permit), including through third-party services and client applications.
- You can unsubscribe from our emails using the mechanism found at the bottom of a Fishbowl email. Note: unless you choose to delete your account, you cannot unsubscribe from certain communications that are required as part of your use of the Platform (e.g., emails about changes to this Policy.)
- You can use your mobile notifications settings in the app or on your device to control mobile notifications you receive from Fishbowl.
- You can unsubscribe from text messages by texting STOP in response to a Fishbowl text message.
If you connect to the Platform using a third-party site, we will receive information that you authorize the third-party site to share with us. When we receive this information, third-party site account information will become part of your Fishbowl account information for purposes of your use of the Platform. This information may also constitute personal information and therefore be subject to this Policy. Any information that we collect from a third-party site may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the site, so please consult the third-party site’s privacy and data practices. You may have the ability to disconnect your third-party site account from your Fishbowl Platform account by changing the privacy settings in your third-party site account. If you come to the Platform through a third-party site or with devices that enable third parties to collect information from or about you, such third parties receive information about you subject to their respective privacy policies.
When you submit personal information to a third party and are informed at the time of collection that your information may be shared with us, we may collect that information for lawful marketing purposes.
Profile, Posts, and Comments
When you set up an individual user account on the Platform, you will create a profile that includes certain personal information you provide (a “Profile”). You may provide Fishbowl with certain information for your Profile, such as your education, previous work experience, skills, photo, and city or area. At your request, we may create or generate your Profile with information we extract from a resume you have uploaded to or submitted through the Platform or from your profile on a third-party site. Certain additional information we request from you is not required or mandatory to create your Profile; however, providing more detailed profile information to us will help you to get more from our Platform, including providing you with more personalized group and content recommendations, and a greater ability for us to help recruiters find you or provide you with business opportunities. A Public Profile is the profile displayed to other Platform users. It contains some of the information associated with your Profile, but allows you to control what kind of public presence you have on the Platform (e.g., as described below, by posting anonymously or semi-anonymously, your posts won’t be associated with your Public Profile.)
Verified users can choose to post and comment using their name and full Profile. They alternatively can elect to post semi-anonymously, using only identifiers such as where they work or their role/job title. Posts made with semi-anonymous identifiers like your company or title are not associated with your Public Profile; your Public Profile, which is viewable to others, will not display or be associated with posts or comments you have published. However, you acknowledge that Fishbowl cannot guarantee your anonymity since, depending on your specific situation and circumstances and the contents of your posts, these semi-anonymous identifiers may on occasion allow someone to identify you or narrow down your identity to a smaller group of employees at your company. You should understand this risk before contributing content to the Platform.
We may host or provide access to job applications on our Platform that ask for relevant information often considered personal or sensitive (e.g., a driver’s license number or a government-issued identification number). Some applications may ask you to identify your racial/ethnic origin, disabilities, or veteren status on a strictly voluntary basis (for purposes of providing equal employment opportunities). You may choose not to submit this information without any detriment to your application. When we host or provide access to applications that collect this kind of data, we pass that information along when we submit your application to the employer. We do not retain it on our systems. But, please remember, you should not include this kind of data in any resume you upload to or through the Platform or submit it in any other scenarios, except where we specifically prompt you to provide such information as described above.
Communicating Through the Platform
We provide certain features that enable you to communicate more privately or exercise greater control over who sees your Content. Content means any work of authorship or information, including salaries, photos, logos, advertisements, comments, opinions, postings, resumes, messages, text, files, images, photos, works of authorship, e-mail, data, audio, video, or other materials you find on the Platform. For example, you can use direct messaging on the Platform to have non-public conversations. By utilizing these services, you acknowledge that you are asking Fishbowl to send these messages on your behalf. This includes message contents and attachments, images, audio, or other files. We process, monitor, review, store, and analyze such message content and other materials, including via automated means, for data analysis, quality control, enforcement of our Terms, and improvement to our services. We also use information about whom you have communicated with and when (but not the content of those communications) to better understand the use of our services, protect the safety and integrity of our platform, and show more relevant content. We share the content of your direct messages with the people you’ve sent them to; we do not use them to serve you ads. When you use features like direct messages to communicate, remember that recipients have their own copy of your communications on the Platform— even if you delete your copy of those messages from your account—which they may at their discretion choose to duplicate, store, or re-share.
We may offer to connect you with other users who are interested in communicating with you or users like you based on your employer, job title, industry, or other Profile information or job interests or activity.
You can choose to upload and sync your address book on Fishbowl so that we can help you find and connect with people you know and help others find and connect with you. We may also use this information to better recommend Content to you and others. If you choose to upload your address book, we will use information from the Platform and your address book, including your email address, phone number, friends, or contacts list, to recommend other accounts or Content to you or to recommend your account or Content to others. We may also allow you to invite your friends or contacts to the Platform. In these instances, we will make you aware of who we are proposing you contact or invite and in what manner (e.g., email or text message) and give you the ability to view and/or edit the message your friend or contacts will receive.
|Categories of personal information collected by Fishbowl||Examples of personal information in each category|
|Content You Contributed||Posts, comments, audio, etc. you contributed to the Platform|
|Job Applications||Jobs you have applied to and associated interactions|
|Job Interests & Activity||Job preferences and your activity interacting with jobs|
|Marketing Activity||Marketing, email, and text programs you have joined or received, content downloaded, etc.|
|Profile Information||Name, Email Address, Picture, Phone number, Username, Professional Title, Age, Gender, Work Experience, Resume, Social Media, Language, etc.|
|Security & Login Information||Your login events, password changes, email changes, and device information (including IP address and associated location data), etc.|
|Site Activity||Interactions with the Platform, including direct messages, pages and posts you viewed, bowls (groups) you visited, reactions, etc.|
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Platform, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your device, such as your IP address or other device identifier, the type of device you use, and operating system version. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Platform and other associated applications. That information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs or apps of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data (if you have enabled access to your location on your device), and other information about how you used the Platform.
Automated means of data collection include the following:
Log File Information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access our Platform. For example, when you access a Fishbowl website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends when you visit any website. These server logs include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
Device Information. We collect information about the device you use to access the Platform, including type of device, operating system, settings, and unique device identifiers, and IP address. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. We collect the device type and any other information you choose to provide, such as username, geolocation, or email address. We also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software records information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect in order to provide the Platform and our services to you. To best do so, and to help make it feasible for us to do so, it is essential that we are able to collect and use the information as described in this Policy.
As a registered user of our Platform, Fishbowl processes your information, including personal information, in accordance with our contractual obligations based on our Terms and this Policy. Where this is not the case, alternative legal grounds serve as our legal basis for processing (i.e., consent, legal obligation, and legitimate interests) for the following purposes:
- To provide you with personalized Content, services, and offers of services offered by Fishbowl and its partners and affiliates, as well as other promotional content and services. For example, Fishbowl and its partners and affiliates may use your app usage history (e.g., the bowls you post in or the jobs you click on), your resume, Profile, application information, and responses to screener questions to determine relevant search results and provide you with recommended bowls or Content on the Platform, or jobs on the Platform or on Fishbowl affiliates’ or partners’ platforms. Fishbowl, its affiliates or partners may also reach out to you about jobs or companies you may be interested in. For the purposes of this Policy, “affiliates” means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Fishbowl, now or in the future. “Control” for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management.
- To enable you to network with other users in order to have discussions or exchange professional opportunities. To do so, you can create posts and comments in groups (called “bowls” on our Platform), participate in audio features, or send direct messages. Subject to your and other users’ settings, your general profile may be visible in certain bowls of which you are a member (if you have turned “networking on” in the group). For certain bowl types, we may set a minimum threshold for bowl membership, after which the bowl’s members will become public once that membership threshold is achieved (i.e., networking mode will automatically be turned on upon a bowl having a certain number of members.) Posts made with semi-anonymous identifiers like your company or title are not associated with your Public Profile. Your Public Profile, which is viewable to others, will not display posts or comments you have published. However, you acknowledge that Fishbowl cannot guarantee your anonymity since, depending on your specific situation and circumstances and the contents of your posts, these semi-anonymous identifiers may on occasion allow someone to identify you or narrow down your identity to a smaller group of employees at your company.
- To suggest users you may want to network with (e.g., users who share your contacts or job experiences) and enable you to invite others to become members of the Platform. We use data about you (such as your Profile, profiles you have viewed, your use of the Platform, or data provided through address book uploads) to customize and improve the features, performance, and support of the Fishbowl Platform and platforms of Fishbowl affiliates; it is your choice whether to invite someone to the Platform, post, or send a direct message. When you invite someone to the Platform, your invitation may include your network and basic profile information (e.g., name, profile photo, job title, company), unless you choose to invite someone using your semi-anonymous identifiers in which case the invite will include your company or job title. We will send follow-up invitation reminders to the person you invited.
- To communicate with you or initiate communication with you (for marketing or service-related purposes). We may do so on behalf of Fishbowl or third parties (including our affiliates) through your Fishbowl account or through other means such as email, telephone (including mobile phone and text messaging), or postal mail. This may occur through the use of contact information that you provide to us or (where it is lawful for us to do so) that we otherwise obtain from third-party resources.
- To permit Fishbowl or a Fishbowl affiliate to recommend a user of the Platform (and that user’s resume or resume extract) to an employer on the Platform or a Fishbowl affiliate or partner. For example, Fishbowl may use application materials—including resumes and responses to screener questions—to determine whether the words of any job seeker’s resume and answers to screener questions match the words of a job posting or resume query, and vice-versa, we may then differentiate matching resumes and screener questions from those that do not match, and present them to employers as matches or not matches.This is subject to visibility settings that you control.
- To permit Fishbowl or Fishbowl affiliates to contact Fishbowl users with respect to such job recommendations.
- To provide relevant advertising, including interest-based advertising from us and third parties. This may mean that we will share non-personally identifiable information, such as your job title, to third-party advertisers.
- To transmit and save your job application and application materials.
- To share your resume or saved Profile (which does not include your Content contributions) with employers.
- To allow Fishbowl and Fishbowl affiliates to process your personal data for purposes of improving our internal operations, including detecting and preventing fraud and spam, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and services improvement (this includes use of your IP address and mobile device information to help diagnose problems with our service and to administer the Platform);
- To create aggregated statistical data that does not identify you individually and that we can commercialize or use for research purposes (for example, we use mobile device data and IP addresses to create anonymized, aggregate demographic information);
- For other purposes that you separately authorize as you interact with the Platform.
When we collect any information that does not identify you as a specific natural person (“Non-Personal Information”), we are permitted to use and disclose this information for any purpose, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, except where we are required to do otherwise by applicable law. Examples of Non-Personal Information include: physical location information; demographic information, including gender, date of birth, ZIP codes, etc.; or any personal information that has been anonymized, aggregated, or de-identified. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with your personal information (such as combining your ZIP code with your name), we will use and disclose such combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy. Similarly, if applicable law requires that we treat certain Non-Personal Information as personal information, we will use and disclose this information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
How We Share Information
We only disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We use affiliated and unaffiliated service providers all over the world to help us deliver our service and run our business subject to strict confidentiality agreements. For the purposes of this Policy, “affiliates” means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Fishbowl, now or in the future. “Control” for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management. We only share your information where absolutely necessary to provide and maintain the Platform and our services;
|Category of Third Party||Categories of Data That May Be Shared With Such Third Parties|
|Advertising Partners & Exchanges||Job Applications, Job Interests & Activity, Marketing Activity, Profile Information, Security & Login Information, Site Activity|
|Affiliates For the purposes of this Policy, “affiliates” means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Fishbowl, now or in the future. “Control” for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management.||Content You Contributed, Job Applications, Job Interests & Activity, Marketing Activity, Profile Information, Security & Login Information, Site Activity|
|Analytics & Optimization Providers||Job Applications, Job Interests & Activity, Marketing Activity, Profile Information, Security & Login Information, Site Activity|
|Cloud Storage & Computing Platforms & Associated Tools and Software Providers||Content You Contributed, Job Applications, Job Interests & Activity, Marketing Activity, Profile Information, Security & Login Information, Site Activity|
|Content Moderation & Support Providers||Content You Contributed, Job Applications, Job Interests & Activity, Marketing Activity, Profile Information, Security & Login Information, Site Activity|
|Information Technology Service & Support Providers|
|Email & Email Delivery Providers||Profile Information, Site Activity, Marketing Activity|
|Employers & Recruiters||Job Applications, Job Interests & Activity, Profile Information|
|Financial Transaction, Accounting, and Audit providers|
|Fraud Detection & Security Providers|
- We may also share your information with Fishbowl affiliates. For the purposes of this Policy, “affiliates” means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Fishbowl, now or in the future. “Control” for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management. Such affiliates shall process your personal data either (1) at our direction as a processor or service provider under a contractual relationship, (2) as a separate or joint controller of your information where you are or were informed at the time of collection or processing of their relationship to you, or (3) where we believe it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest, and where such purposes are aligned with those for which you provided your personal data to us. These instances and processing activities are outlined in the “How We Use Your Information” section above and will include data falling into the categories described in the section “Information You Give Us”
- We may use your professional information to verify your identity and grant or restrict access to bowls, including by confirming employment status through identity management solutions in use by employers as part of a free or paid product. In cases where your current employment can no longer be validated by an identity management solution (e.g., because you are no longer employed by the employer), we may revoke your access to certain bowls.
- We may use your data to recommend jobs, mentors or mentees, or to show you and others relevant professional contacts (e.g., who may work at a company, in an industry, function or location, or have certain skills and connections). You can signal that you are interested in changing jobs and share information privately with recruiters. We will use your data to recommend jobs to you and to recommend you to recruiters (as described below). We may use automated systems to provide content and recommendations to help make our Platform more relevant to our users.
- Your membership visibility in bowls may be public or private based on your networking mode settings set for the bowl. For certain bowl types, we may set a minimum threshold for bowl membership, after which the bowl’s members will become public once that membership threshold is achieved (i.e., networking mode will automatically be turned on upon a bowl having a certain number of members.)
- When you like, re-share, comment on or otherwise visibly interact with another user’s Content, others will be able to view these “social actions” and associate them with the identifier you choose (e.g., restricted to only your company name and professional title or your full identify, depending on your Profile settings)
- We may also provide customized search functionality and messaging tools as part of our talent, marketing, and networking solutions. Unless you opt out, recruiters may be permitted to view limited information from your Profile, such as name, current company, current title, and general location (e.g., city) in order to manage their talent recruitment pipeline.
We will disclose data If we believe in good faith such disclosure is necessary in order to:
- comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants or legal process served on us (though we reserve the right to take action on behalf of our users and their possible right to anonymity when we believe there is a legitimate basis to do so;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- act in a manner we otherwise deem necessary and is permitted by applicable laws to protect and defend the rights or property of us, the users of our services, or third parties; or
- act as permitted under applicable laws to meet national security and similar requirements;
- In the event we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of assets, your personal data may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. This Policy will apply to your personal data as transferred to the new entity.
- If you apply for a particular job through the Platform, we will disclose your personal information, excluding your Content contributions, to the third-party providing the job and/or the employer to whom you apply and any vendors they are working with to process your application.
- We share certain information that does not identify you personally, but which is unique to your use of the Platform, such as job titles that you have entered at the time of registration or on your profile. When we share such information, we do not link job titles with your name when providing this information to others such as advertisers, recruiters, or employers.
- We will otherwise share personal information with your consent.
- As described in this section, Fishbowl may share your data with our affiliates. For the purposes of this Policy, “affiliates” means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Fishbowl, now or in the future. “Control” for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management. When we share this data, this may be considered a “sale” under applicable law. Once we begin sharing data, and we determine that such sharing is considered a sale under applicable law, you will be able to opt-out of this sharing by accessing a link in our footer and app store description titled “Do Not Sell My Information”. Until such time, Fishbowl does not sell personal information as defined by applicable law.
The Legal Basis on Which Fishbowl Processes Your Personal Data
Fishbowl collects and processes your personal information on the basis of different legal grounds. Which particular legal ground is relied upon depends on the nature of the personal information being provided and the type of processing involved.
Performance of a Contract
A second ground relied upon by Fishbowl for other types of processing of your personal information is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Fishbowl or one of our affiliates. Such legitimate interests may include where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will perform a particular type of processing on your behalf. Fishbowl will only rely on such a ground where a legitimate interests assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved with the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products, and features to you.
Compliance with a Legal Obligation
A third ground relied upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow Fishbowl to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where Fishbowl is required to retain business records for fixed periods of time or transmit them to a user or third-party in order to comply with legal requirements (e.g., a court order, warrant, or other legal right or remedy). Another example is when Fishbowl collects Equal Employment Opportunity (or similar programs in your country) information on behalf of employers as part of the process of processing your applications to employers through the Fishbowl platform.
Finally, in certain limited situations, Fishbowl relies on your consent in order to process your personal information. Where Fishbowl requires your consent in order to collect and process certain personal information, we seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured unless Fishbowl has another lawful basis on which to rely. For example, depending on applicable laws in your country, your consent may be sought before we place certain types of cookies on your device. As detailed in the “Other Important Privacy Information” section below, you can withdraw your consent where applicable.
What types of Cookies do we use?
We use two types of Cookies on the Platform: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Platform. A persistent Cookie remains on your device for much longer or until you manually delete it (how long the Cookie remains will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific Cookie and your browser settings).
What are Cookies used for?
Cookies transmit information about you and your use of the Platform, such as your browser type, search preferences, job titles, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. We use four types of cookies: Strictly Necessary, Functional, Analytics, and Targeting. You can reference which specific cookies fall into each category by using our Cookie Consent Tool in our website footer.
Targeting Cookies: Ad Choices and Managing Cookies
Fishbowl may work with several third parties to provide you with personalized, interest-based advertising. We may target ads to you, and measure their performance, on and off the Platform using the following categories of personal information:
- Job Applications
- Job Interests & Activity
- Marketing Activity
- Profile Information
- Site Activity
- Security & Login Information
How We Work with Third-Party Ad Partners
When we work with our Ad Partners to serve you personalized, interest-based advertising, we do not share information with them that they can use to identify you or associate with you as a specific individual unless you have instructed us to do so (such as when you fill out a lead form in an ad). Similarly, if one of these Ad Partners has information about you saved in one of their own Cookies on your browser, they use that information to help us send you a relevant ad, but they do not share with us information that we can associate with you as an individual.
We work with third parties, such as Google Analytics, to provide analytics services that use the Cookies set on your device to measure the performance of advertising and track traffic to Fishbowl generally. We may have also implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, which categorizes Cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Platform and various websites across the internet. In addition, a Cookie on some of our affiliates, partners, or employer clients' sites may provide us with aggregate data about the number of applications submitted to those sites by users of Platform.
Consenting to Cookies and Opting Out of Cookies
If you enable location data for the mobile version of the Platform (including any version installed as a native application), we may use your location data to serve you geo-targeted ads for employers and other advertisers that are local to you. We may also derive your general location based on your IP address. In such instances, we do not share your location with the advertiser or advertising network; rather, we provide the advertiser or advertising network with a means to push ads through to users located in certain areas. You may disable location services at any time in your device privacy settings.
Ad Partner Cookies
Here are some options for managing the third-party Cookies that may be used by our Ad Partners:
- When visiting the Platform from a region where applicable law requires consent for the use of non-strictly necessary cookies, we surface a cookie consent banner and request your consent. You can adjust Cookie preferences on the Platform through our Cookie Consent Tool located in the Fishbowl footer.
- You are also able to opt out of other third-party advertiser and ad network placement of Cookies or targeted advertising generally by visiting the following links: Network Advertising Initiative; Digital Advertising Alliance; European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (for users in the EU); The Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (for users in Canada); You will continue to receive generic ads by companies not listed with these opt-out tools.
- You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting services by visiting Google Ads Settings or by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Please note: If ads or other features on the Platform are provided by third parties, those parties set and use their own Cookies that are subject to those third parties’ privacy notices and policies. Fishbowl does not have access to, or control over, these Cookies. Also, if you respond to ads posted by third parties or submit information to third parties via the Platform, such third parties receive information about you subject to their privacy policies.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals and similar settings or mechanisms. When you use the Platform, we try to provide a customized experience.
Other Important Privacy Information
Your Privacy Rights
Fishbowl operates globally and therefore may be subject to a variety of data privacy laws that confer a range of privacy rights upon our users. We have chosen to provide many of these privacy rights to our users regardless of their location.
- If we wish to delete your account and personal data, you can do so from the account settings page on the Platform. Once your request is submitted, your account will be deactivated and your data will be deleted in 30 days. If you sign back into your account prior to the end of the 30-day period, your account will be reactivated and you will need to submit a deactivation request again if you wish for your account to be deleted. We reserve the right to keep any information that we deem necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- If you wish to submit a data rights request to access, correct, export, rectify, update, or ask questions about your personal data, you may do so by contacting us at contact @ fishbowlapp.com. Your name, email address, and phone number will be requested. We may require you to verify your identity in order to process your request. An agent may submit your request on your behalf, but we will require them to verify your identity and their authorization to act on your behalf.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information via the contact method described above.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you or by replying STOP to the text messages we send you. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us“.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Fishbowl does not process your information for the purpose of making automated decisions about you which have a legal or other significant effect.
Fishbowl does not discriminate against users’ that exercise any of these privacy rights. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
In addition to your rights outlined above, if you are an individual consumer member of the Platform, you can manage your account settings in the “Account Settings” page on the Platform where we may provide you with the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personal information used for certain purposes.
We will send you notifications and if, and to the extent, you have opted-in to promotional communications, or other messages using the contact information (e.g., your email address, your mobile device identifier) you provided to us when you registered or when you requested information from us. You may opt out of continuing to receive optional messages by following the instructions included in each message. Also, you can control most of the emails you receive from us by editing your email preferences via the settings page available through the unsubscribe mechanism found in our emails. You can control the mobile push notifications within the settings section of the mobile app or via your device’s settings.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it to provide the Platform to you and fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. This is also the case for any party that we share your personal information with and which carries out services on our behalf. Retention periods can vary significantly based on the type of information and how it is used. Our retention periods are based on criteria that include legally mandated retention periods, pending or potential litigation, our intellectual property or ownership rights, contract requirements, operational directives or needs, and historical archiving. When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, we’ll either remove it from our systems or de-identify it so that we can’t identify you.
We employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services. You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret. Once you have registered with us, we will never ask you for your password. Please create a unique password for your account and do not use it for any other web services or applications. Do not share your password with anyone else.
Tips For A Responsible Job Search. If we detect fraudulent activity, we remove job posting from the Platform. However, fraudulent job postings can sometimes appear and we urge you to exercise caution in your job search. Please consider the following tips when conducting your search:
- Do not send money to a prospective employer.
- Do not give out personal or financial account information to a new employer via email.
- Do not cash checks or transfer funds for your employer.
- Beware of job postings that ask you to send your resume to a free email service address (e.g., gmail, yahoo, etc.)
- Do not include sensitive information like your national identification number in your resume.
- Beware of job listings with spelling errors and bad grammar.
- If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do your homework. Be sure to research any job opportunity that interests you.
If you think you have been the victim of fraud, immediately report the fraud to your local police and contact Fishbowl at email@example.com.
Privacy of Minors
To access or use the Platform you must be at least 16 years of age or, if older, the age of majority in your jurisdiction, otherwise you may not use the Platform. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we remove such information and terminate the child’s account (except where we are required to retain all or a portion of such information for compliance purposes).
The information about you that we collect, process, and/or use through the Platform is hosted, controlled, and services are provided by the Fishbowl entities described at the beginning of this Policy, including, where applicable, outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the UK, including in the United States. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the EEA and the UK. This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA and the UK. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA and the UK.
You may reach our Data Protection Officer at DPO@fishbowlapp.com.
We may revise this Policy from time to time by posting an updated version on the Platform. The revised Policy will be effective immediately for unregistered users and users registering accounts or otherwise acknowledging the Policy on or after the revision date. For other users who registered accounts before the revision date, it will also become effective immediately. However, they can object to the new Policy within thirty (30) days after the revision date. If we make a change that we believe materially reduces your rights or increases your responsibilities, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our website or in-app prior to the change becoming effective. We may provide notice of changes in other circumstances as well. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. Your continued use of the Platform is subject to the most current effective version of this Policy. If you object to the Policy after it becomes effective for you, you may no longer use the Platform. Prior versions of the Policy can be found here.
Contact Us You may reach our Data Protection Officer at DPO@fishbowlapp.com. For all non-privacy-related inquiries you can contact us at email@example.com.