California Privacy NoticeEffective: January 1, 2020
I. What is Personal Information and what does Fishbowl collect?
For this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated, de-identified or information that cannot be reasonably be linked to you.
To provide our Services, we must process some personal information about you.Information You Provide
- Your Account Information. You may provide your mobile phone number and an email to create a Fishbowl account. You may also add other information to your account, such as your name, company, and title if you choose to provide them.
- Your Contacts. We may, only with your consent, collect information from your device’s phonebook. We do this, for example, so that you can share messages with your phonebook contacts or add contacts to group chats. You can always revoke this consent by changing the settings on your device.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support.
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Services, how you interact with others using our Services), log files, and reports.
- Analytics Services. We may allow third parties to provide analytics services to us. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance, and user experiences. The information collected may include unique device identifiers, device manufacturer and operating system, IP address, browser type, session start/stop time, and user activity.
II. How do we use Personal Information?
III. How is Personal Information shared?
The CCPA requires us to disclose whether we sell your personal information: we do not sell your personal information.
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we may share information with our Service Providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. We also may share information with others for a notified purpose permitted by the CCPA (e.g., to respond to law enforcement requests).
IV. How can you exercise your rights under the CCPA?
Under the CCPA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we’ve collected about you during the past 12 months and information about our data practices. You also have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
You can request your personal information, or deletion of personal information and closing your Fishbowl account, by contacting us via the instructions under “How do I delete my account?” here or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, for all manual requests, you will need to verify your identity by providing us with the following information:
- Your full name
- Sending the request from the email you used to register with Fishbowl
- Your phone number used to register with Fishbowl (if applicable)
- Whether you are a California consumer pursuant to Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1798.140(g)
In some cases, you may need to provide the following additional information to verify your identity:
- A phone bill or similar proof of ownership of the Fishbowl number
Fishbowl will not be able to respond to your request unless you provide us with all of the above information. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a manual request on your behalf. If you decide to use an authorized agent, please also include written permission that you have designated that agent to make this request, or proof of the agent’s power of attorney. We may also follow-up with you to verify your identity before processing your authorized agent’s request.
Lastly, you have the right to be free from any discrimination for exercising your rights to access or delete your Personal Information. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
If you have additional questions about this Notice or how to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us.