Financial Advisors

How many of you would setup an interview if candidate only had Primerica experience?

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon
works at

I’m biased being a former Primerica rep but there are a decent amount of reps that really actually want to be professional financial advisors. I’d say 5% of their reps are so invested in the idea of the company that they can’t be saved. The other 95% are normal people that are like, “WTF is going on here?” They really want to learn how to be competent, not recruit and spam everyone they know. I was able to get my life license, 6,63, and 65 while working at another job full time. No pressure to get any of the licenses. No stress of losing my job if I failed. I got them because I enjoyed learning about the industry as I went along. I took it as far as I thought it could benefit me. The people they put on a pedestal were people good at selling hype but not really impressive with actual professional knowledge. Thats when I realized it was time for me to move on.

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

I did 8 years and recruited 550 people. Full time I made 50k for the entire 8 years combined. This is my own doing because I spent my time almost exclusively recruiting cold market and low income socio class peoole. ( you attract what you are not what you want) I could have chosen to sell and make money but I believed the recruit by day and night and sell by accident. I was addicted to the high fives and the perceived freedom from traditional employment. My family intervened and I was fortunate to get into managed money. I miss the culture and team building but I can do the same things within a practice and I don’t have an “Upline” telling what I have to do. All that I have today is as a result of my time in Primerica. I wouldn’t judge anyone by a resume. I would look at the heart of the person.

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

If they are leaving primerica, have an interest in the industry and they probably want more. I would interview them.

Reaction Icon Like
like
Arrow Icon

@IAR/@Fido OP - take a look at the ‘Top’ tab on Fishowl. It’s one of people from the 5% IAR is referring to. Every company has their good/bad Advisors. If the prospect’s only encounter was with Primerica (or any company for that matter), I would definitively setup the interview. The individual could be a good Advisor or a bad one, he/she may come with full licensing which is a huge bonus these days. Good luck

Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Related Posts

*weekly post complaining about hiring discrimination against males*

likefunny
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Delta Platinum members, what bonus do you choose? Very likely gifting Silver Status to my spouse.

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

I got a new role in Ohio. My SO is freaking out about the bedbug crisis there. Any tips of how to protect against bedbugs?

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

If anyone wants to join a boutique HR & Talent Advisory consulting firm, Kincentric is hiring for an Associate Partner role! Location doesn’t really matter, but preferably in IL, NY, or ATL.

like
Reaction Icon Like
Arrow Icon

Download the app for more exclusive discussions.